Successful companies invest high in the Data Warehouse and the tools to help them make their decisions right. To make this money worth, they also need skilled workers who are well aware of both the Data Warehousing as well as tools like BI or Business Intelligence. There are certifications for each of these work areas. The Data Warehousing and BI certification help you get the latest knowledge in these 2 fields to make you stand ahead among others.
Grey Campus Professional Cloud Developer Training course aligns to the latest trends and technologies in Cloud Computing to master the working level knowledge of vendor-neutral application design principles. Get access to course details here.
PDHengineer.com does offer periodic discounts to its customers. The Client promotion circular has information whenever any discount is available. There are also Corporate discount programs for corporate clients if they have five or more of their staff signing up for courses
This certification course is widely available in different universities and institutes. For convenience, you can find many online training centers also. This way you don’t have to spend time from your work schedule. Instead, you get to do the course in the spare time without having to compromise.
What are Data Warehousing and BI?
Data Warehousing is the pool in which the data is stored. You can come back here to find the right kind of data and use them for your benefit. BI or Business Intelligence is the tool that is used to use this stored data for your purpose. Though these are different from each other, they make a team and a key to success in business.
The importance of the data Warehousing and BI certification is that these areas are constantly updated with the new technology. To maintain the career you need to be updated with the technology. This certification course is the answer to this problem and that can keep you in the front.
This certification course would also benefit the employers to have really skilled employees who can develop quality results and those who are able to handle the most sophisticated tools like the Talend, ERwin and the likes of Tableau.
Who are eligible for this certification training?
This certification course is mainly for the professionals like Analytics managers, Data Warehousing enthusiasts, data modelers, ETL Developers and BI developers etc.
This certification training would help in the understanding of the respective concepts, properly and effectively use the decision-making tools, create dimensions and tables to make reports with dashboards etc.
The pre-requisites for the course is Oracle, MS Windows GUI, Basic Knowledge of SQL, Basic Unix, and Windows Command line.
Top 3 Data Warehousing and BI Certification training courses
Edureka Data Warehousing and BI
Edureka offers the instructor-led online live classes. The classes are prolonging for 5 weeks regardless of the timing that you choose. The classes are offered for individuals and for business for the employees as a group of companies.
- The instructor-led live online classes are of 30 hours in total. There are 10 sessions of 3 hours each. The classes are conducted for weekdays or over the weekend.
- At the end of each class there would be a questionnaire to be answered and opportunity to do real-life case studies as part of the projects. The end of the class assignments would be of 25 minutes.
- The live projects will use work dataset, sales dataset etc to do the Data and reporting analysis.
- There is lifetime access to the recorded classes as well as all the study materials. You can also get expert support through a ticket based system. The access to online forum helps you get in contact with other aspirants.
- At the end of the successful competition, you will have the certificate as Data Warehousing & BI Expert.
- There is a total of 10 modules for the certification curriculum.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Data modeling
- Building Data Warehouse with Erwin
- Data Warehouse dimension and fact tables
- Introduction to Open Source ETL Tool Talend DI Open Studio 5.x
- Building ETL Project with talend DI Open Studio 5.x
- Introduction to data Visualization BI Tool Tableau 9.x
- Building Data Visualization BI Project with Tableau 9.x
- An Integrated Data Warehousing and BI Project
Projects and practical
The practical will have help for setting up the software ER Win r9, Tableau 9.x and Talend 5.x.
The case studies will be like a project. The projects will be from the likes of Creation of sales data Warehouse and Data Marts, Transaction Analysis for retail, transaction analysis for retail analytics, etc.
As mentioned above, all the course duration is 5 weeks. The class timings are depending on the time zone. The weekday classes are mostly happening during the evening time. The weekend classes are conducted in the day time.
Intellipaat Data Warehousing Training with Erwin Tool
This is the Data Warehousing training done with the BI tool Erwin. IT helps you master the DW architecture, Data modeling, Erwin, fundamentals of ETL etc. The course would also have the real life projects as part of the curriculum.
Any free online courses for Linux Beginners? Yes, check the free online courses available at The Linux Foundation website. ‘Introduction to Linux’ is a free self-paced course that will teach you how to develop a good working knowledge of Linux using both the graphical interface and command line.
- This Data Warehousing course is a short duration that is completed in 12 hours total. The classes are high quality and mostly interactive for self-paced option. The online classes are instructor-led. The second option will be divided into sessions.
- There is also the real life experience with the project works that lasts for 24 hours n total. The practical work will be conducted at the end of each class. The main project work will be at the end of the course.
- Once enrolled for the course, you will have lifetime accessibility to the course materials provided. The video tutorials, interactive sessions, and the supportive materials will all be handy anytime in the future.
- For doubt clearance or assistance with studies, you can get the technical support anytime.
There are quizzes and assignments when you have completed the course. You complete these works, you will get the certification.
- The icing on the case is that you can even get job placement assistance from Intellipaat. They will pass your resume to their partners and clients at free of cost.
The Intellipaat Data Warehousing and Erwin tool certification will have 8 modules in total with the project as additional.
- Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Architecture of data Warehouse
- Data Modeling concepts
- Data normalization
- Dimension and fact table
- SQL parsing, cubes and OLAP
- Erwin Design layer architecture
- Forward and reverse engineering
- Data warehouse project
There are 2 options for the projects. One is invoice management and the other is from sales. You either have the Logical and physical data modeling with Erwin or the End to end implementation of DW (retain store).
Intellipat offers flexibility with the course type. Once you have started as self-paced course and finding it difficult or for any reason want to switch to instructor-led course type, you can do so freely. You only have to pay the additional fees for the course.
If continuing with the self-paced course, you are entitled to get one-on-one sessions and doubt clearance support from the team, on request.
Aurelius Corporation Data Warehousing and BI certification
This is another of the web based training course for individuals, corporate or institutions, in various countries. The training sessions are online so it doesn’t matter where you are. The sessions are interactive with intensive learning methods.
- The course is conducted as instructor-led but the training options could be regular course or capsule course.
- The regular course is 40 hours in total that is conducted either during the weekdays or weekends. The capsule course lasts only for 4-8 hours in total.
- The weekday cloud based training is done on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7 am to 9 am. The lab practical for this duration will be done on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the same timings.
- The second option of weekend cloud based training will be on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 11 am. The respective lab timings would be from 11 am to 1 pm in these days. The timings are all IST.
There are 9 modules for this training course.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- OLAP modeling
- Using SSAS in Data tools
- Intermediate SSAS
- Advanced SSAS
- Cube storage and aggregation
- Beginning MDX (All basics)
- Intermediate MDX
- SSAS Administration
Here, there are no projects or assignments mentioned but one needs to do the practical lab activity mandatory at the end of each class.
When comparing these 3 Data Warehousing and BI certification courses, you can see that Edureka and Intellipat are easier. The Aurelius course is more advanced one. The advantage of the first 2 courses is that they allow the participants to have real life experience with the projects to make them more aware of the topic here. The Aurelius course is better suited for professionals who are already part of such projects. For the beginners, the first 2 courses would be more ideal. At the end of the day, the decision is entirely yours to make to see which one suits you better.